“What we think, we become.” -Buddha
Affirmations are powerful positive statements, in the present tense, that declare who you are, what kind of life you live, the body you have, the relationships you’re in, your dream career, etc.
They do not state what you don’t want! This is a big no, no. Your brain and the Universe don’t hear the difference between “I want” and “I don’t want”. You gotta keep it positive.
You’ve heard of brainwashing, right? You can think of affirmations as positive brainwashing. These short positive statements, when repeated with conviction and regularity, work to reprogram your subconscious mind. Affirmations change the way you think and feel.
Here are some of my affirmations:
- I have the perfect body for me
- I am a respected and successful nutrition and life consultant.
- I practice yoga at least 3 times a week
- Money loves me
- I earn money easily, frequently, and in abundance
- My life is abundant
- I am living the life of my dreams
- My health is the most important thing
- I have no financial restrictions
These things don’t have to be a reality when you declare them but you need to write them and recite them as if they are real and happening right now. Start your practice of affirmations in combination with your practice of gratitude, forgiveness, and manifesting.